ĐỀ THI KẾT THÚC HỌC PHẦN MÔN READING LEVEL 4 – ENG 266
Năm học: 2015 – 2016
Thời gian làm bài: 45 phút
PART 1: INCOMPLETE SENTENCES
1. ________we were exhausted, we had to continue because there was a lot of work.
A. since B. although C. however D. if
2. Any person ________would like to go out must ask for permission from the teacher.
(A) who (B) when (C) which (D) whose
3. My house, ________is next to Duy Tan university, was built in 2000.
(A) who (B) which (C) what (D) where
4. We met to discuss the proposal; _______, we failed to come to an agreement.
(A) however (B) therefore (C) so (D) for
5. He had an accident as a result _________ his carelessness.
(A) as (B) about (C) beyond (D) of
6. All students are requested to register for the course ________ advance at the English
(A) at (B) to (C) in (D) near
7. He applied to the firm ______ his brother had previously worked.
(A) which (B) when (C) of which (D) where
8. All household objects, such as matches, scissors, and knives should be kept
__________ reach of small children.
(A) out of (B) away with (C) up until (D) without
9. She doesn’t know _____________ she should deal with this problem.
(A) the way how (B) how (C) where (D) what
10. You can submit your application form_________by email or by fax
(A) also (B) nor (C) or (D) either
11. Fred Sumner will be giving the speech in place______Mr. Trent, who is down with
(A) to (B) from (C) of (D) on
12. This is the village ____________I was born and grew up.
(A) where (B) how (C) when (D) why
13. Any one _____________ about high taxes should talk to the accountant.
(A) concerned (B) concerning (C) is concerned (D) concerns
14. We are looking for an accountant ____________ eligible for the managerial position.
(A) who are (B) who (C) whom are (D) who is
15. ________ I was visiting Da Lat, I bumped into one of my friends.
(A) while (B) during (C) for (D) because
16. Doctors has decided to transfer serious patients ______ H P hospital.
(A) at (B) by (C) to (D) of
17. All his novels are set in Italy________ the exception of his last.
(A) at (B) with (C) to (D) of
18. People ___________ signed up for the program yesterday got a 5% discount.
(A) who (B) what (C) whom (D) which
19. The club welcomes all members _______________ of age.
(A) regardless (B) regard (C) regarding (D) regarded
20. Any Contract _______ is not signed by the members of the Board of Directors would
have no legal power even though its terms may have already been executed.
(A) who (B) which (C) whom (D) of which
21. There were more than twenty employees attending the conference, many of ______
have over ten years’ work experience.
(A) who (B) whom (C) which (D) that
22. It appears that after ________to persuade me, he decided to try another friend.
(A) failed (B) failing (C) have failed (D) fail
23. As a teacher, it is crucial to understand _______ most students expect.
(A) how (B) if (C) what (D) that
24. ____________he left earlier than usual, we couldn’t see him off.
(A) even though (B) however (C) because of (D) as
Questions 25-27 refer to the following report
________________bad weather, our flight is delayed until tomorrow
25. (A) as to (B) due to (C) in spite of (D) in place of
The information about the next flight will be informed later. Passengers please gather at the
lounge and check before leaving.
_____________you have any problem, please call at extension 335.
26. (A) although (B) if (C) so (D) since
We are sorry for this________________.
27. (A) convenient (B) convenience (C) inconvenience (D) inconvenient
Questions 28-30 refer to the following email
PRICING AND ODERING
Any of our designs can be____________ to your specific needs and tastes and will
28 (A) presented (B) provided (C) specialized (D) customized
Always incorporate the timeless and skillful designs capabilities of our team. Sean offers
a___________ of highly customizable option which are unmatched in the furniture
29 (A) various (B) variety (C) varied (D) vary
Our mission is to provide you with choice: design, size, materials, finish and delivery
method. We can provide such____________ because each piece individually handcrafted
on a made-to-order basis.
30 (A) creativity (B) punctuality (C) flexibility (D) productivity
Questions 31-33 refer to the following letter
The food and drug administration invites you to attend a public meeting concerning
modernization of the agency’s food manufacturing practice regulations for food meant for
The food industry has undergone________ changes, and the agency believes that it
31 (A) considerate (B) considerable (C) consideration (D) considering
is now time to revisit these regulations to determine whether they are ensuring a safe
and____________ food supply.
32 (A) sanitary (B) preventive (C) continuous (D) prevailing
To the end, the FDA has recently announced three public meetings in the Federal
Register. The meeting___________ at the FDA headquarters from 10a.m to 11a.m.
33 (A) were held (B) have been held (C) to hold (D) will be held
PART 2: READING COMPREHENSION
Questions 34-36 refer to the following notice
34. What is the main purpose of the notice?
(A) to inform readers of a useful website
(B) to describe the Japan-America society of Greater Long Island
(C) to teach people to write poetry
(D) to announce than upcoming workshop
35. What information is NOT given in the notice?
(A) the workshop instruction’s name
(B) late registration instruction
(C) cancellation instruction
(D) things to bring to the workshop
36. According to the notice, who is the workshop tailored to?
(A) intermediate sushi chefs
(B) beginner sushi chefs
(C) new JGA members
(D) all JGA members
Questions 37-39 refer to the following information
37. What is the purpose of March for Kids?
(A) it provides food for all children
(B) it encourages people to walk
(C) it raises 79 cents from each walker
(D) it benefits babies born before term
38. What is listed as a benefit of joining the walk as a company?
(A) it helps creates ties that transfer into the workplace
(B) employees will receive a bonus for their participation
(C) it gives hope to more than half a million orphans
(D) people qualify to participate in other marches
39. How long has the March Organization been in existence?
(A) 10 years
(B) 20 years
(C) 30 years
(D) 100 years
Questions 40-42 refer to the following letter
40. What is the purpose of the letter?
(A) to show appreciation for past work
(B) to ask for a sponsorship
(C) to promote a special helpers group
(D) to ask for help in an upcoming project
41. Who most likely is Mr Derring?
(A) a Boy Scout
(B) an event organizater
(C) the CEO of the American Boy Scouts
(D) the leader of a Boy Scout troop
42. According to the letter, what kind of work did the Scouts perform?
(A) they sponsored a new charity drive
(B) they helped secure funding for a construction project
(C) they organized a special helpers group
(D) they performed some construction work
Questions 43- 45 refer to the following email
43. What is the purpose of the email?
(A) to inform employees about a new policy
(B) to request feedback on a new business strategy
(C) to introduce new human resources director
(D) to inform employees of a renovated company website
44. When will the change take effect?
(A) in one week
(B) in two weeks
(C) in one month
(D) in two months
45 What are the employees instructed to before taking a vacation?
(A) notify Angela Leason
(B) sign a waiver
(C) get written confirmation from their supervisor
(D) consult with the human resources department
Như vậy là các bạn cũng đã xem qua đề thi kết thúc môn reading level 4 duy tân mà mecloud.vn đã chia sẻ ở trên. Bài viết này hi vọng giúp các bạn tìm hiểu, ôn luyện thêm để chuẩn bị tốt cho kì thi của mình!